Mask Proof Makeup Technique
Of course, the best way to avoid getting makeup on your mask, is to not wear makeup. However, some people need/want to wear makeup. So here is my favourite technique to ensure your makeup is perfect even after wearing a mask!
Just a side note, this can be natural or dramatic, depending on how heavy you build up the product.
- Moisturise your skin after completing your normal skin routine. Then follow this with an SPF.
2. Next, use 2-3 spritzes of your favourite (Matte) setting spray. Urban Decay all nighter or Mac Prep Spray are my favourites. Then leave to sit for 5 mins. Now you can do your eyes or brows while you wait!
4. Use your hands to gently apply a sticky primer (Less is more, really work it into the skin in more of a pressing than a rubbing motion) I use Milk Hydro Grip Primer.
5. Leave this for 30-60 seconds. Then, take a blotting sheet or use 1ply of toilet tissue to gently press onto any areas that are shiny. This will take away any excess oil.
6. This is where it gets unusual, but trust the process! Use the tiniest amount of translucent powder, on a large fluffy brush and gently sweep it across your entire face.
7. You now apply your cream contour and blush.This can be done before or after your foundation, but when I tried both, before worked better.
8. So, time for foundation. Go for Matte foundation instead of dewy. Also make sure it is long-lasting. You tend to want to go for a more natural foundation in the hopes that it doesn’t transfer, however, a heavier coverage foundation tends to stay put better. Something like Maybelline Fit Me or Estee Lauder Double Wear is perfect.
9. Next, add more contour and blush in a powder form.
10. Gently press on powder with a beauty blender, leaving quite a bit of excess on the skin Leave for about a minute then dust the excess off.
11. Once again, mist yourself with some fixing spray. Then let it dry for 60 secs.
12. Apply a light dusting of powder around nose and mouth (Where your mask sits)
Always keep on top of skincare, make sure to properly cleanse your skin before and after wearing your mask all day.
If you haven’t used spot patches before, they are amazing for maskne. These ‘Dots for Spots’ are my absolute favourite so far, I notice a difference within 2-3 hours.
Of course, matte liquid lipsticks work great, much better than gloss.
Mist the mask with a setting spray/toner before you put it on. By doing this, you an extra barrier to help stop the makeup transferrring to your mask.
Ensure you wear a clean mask daily to combat maskne (Use a laundry sanitiser)
- Garnier – Face Mask ‘Moisture Bomb’
- Dermalogica – PreCleanse
- Dermalogica – Special Clearing Gel
- Paula’s Choice – 2% BHA Exfoliant (2x Week)
- Dermalogica – Daily Microfoliant
- Dermalogica – Active Moist
- The Ordinary – Peeling Solution (1x Week)
- Dots for Spots
Mask Proof Face Base
- Laura Mercier Powder
- Milani – Baked Blush ‘Luminouso’
- Mmmmitchel – Blursh ‘Mango Daiquiri’
- Iconic London – Setting Spray
- Glow Hub – Serum
- Milani – Baked Blush ‘Luminouso’
- Colourpop – Freckle Pen ‘Soft Brown’
- Benefit – Contour Stick ‘Hoola’
- Doll Beauty Highlighter
- Doll Beauty – Contour ‘Gimme Sun’
- Colourpop – Palette ‘You’re Golden’
- Essence – Mascara ‘I Love Extreme’
- Vieve – Lipliner ‘Tailored’
- Vieve – Lipstick ‘Treasure’
- Colourpop – Lux Gloss ‘Renaissance’
- Inglot – Browgel ’14’
- Primark ‘Sultry’
- New Look
Brush Cleaner & Brushes
- Isoclean Cleaner
- Morphe Brushes
- Inglot Brushes
- Mac Brushes
- Nima Brushes
- Sigma Brushes
- Plouise Brushes
- Colourpop Brushes
Link To Buy Mask Proof Products:
So, if you enjoy my content and want to support my work, feel free to ‘Buy Me A Coffee – £1’. Also, all donations go straight back into creating better content for you amazing people! If you like, you can Donate £1 Here but no pressure at all!
Mask Proof Makeup Ideas
Finally, let me know in the comments any looks you would love to see re-created, or let me know what tips you use for keeping your makeup set all day even with a mask!
In addition, you can check out my previous posts here:
HOW TO DO A SIMPLE NATURAL GLAM LOOK
HOW TO DO A PINK CUT CREASE