So, does this sound familiar, you buy a nice shiny colourful palette with a few neutral shade but some gorgeous purples and blues. You use the palette every day. Eventually you hit pan…. in one of the brown shades, and the other shades remain mostly untouched, apart from a finger swipe mark from when you first swatched it?!
If that sounds like you, then don’t worry… I got you! Since I started my makeup career (a good 18 years ago), I have come across women almost weekly, that love colour, but are scared to use it, or feel like it’s for ‘Younger Girls’.
This is generally because they have applied the shadow in a way that wasn’t most flattering, or was too full on, and it scared them.
My two most favourite ways to add colour, are actually great because you need absolutely no makeup experience to pull it off! The first way is in the picture below. You just do your eyeshadow how you want it (or you can wear none if you wish), and then, on a small fluffy brush, pick up your favourite colour from that palette, and lightly dust it in a circle around your tear duct. This tends to be more flattering with lighter products, and its nice to use a shimmer too. This brightens the inner corner of your eye.
The second way is to smoke some colour under your lashline which I will cover in a separate post.
- Mac – Serum ‘Moisture Infusion’
- Iconic – Illuminator ‘Original’
- Charlotte Tilbury – Flawless Filter ‘Medium Honey’
- SoSu – Contour Stick ‘Warm’
- Milani – Baked Blush ‘Luminouso’
- Benefit – Contour Stick ‘Hoola’
- Mac – Mineralize Skin Finish ’Soft & Gentle’
- Huda Beauty – Bake ‘Pound Cake’
- Tarte- Shape Tape ’27H’
- Nars – Blush ‘Lustre’
- Nars – All Day Luminous ’Stromboli’
- Revolution – Setting Spray ‘Hydrate & Fix’
- Tarte – Mascara ‘Lights, Camera, Mascara’
- Plouise- Base ‘Rumour’
- Inglot – Pigment ‘112’
- Plouise- Base ‘Vivid Violet’
- Mac – Lipstick ‘Honeylove’
- Nyx – Buttergloss ‘Madeleine’
- Vieve – Lipliner ‘Bark’
- Iconic London – Brow Silk
- Morphe – Brow Highlight ‘Oh Brow Baby’
- Morphe – Liner ‘Tea Spill’
- Inglot – Browgel ’14’
- Tatti Lashes ‘TL36’
Link To Buy:
Finally, let me know in the comments any looks you would love to see re-created, or let me know what colour you will be trying this with!
In addition, you can check out my previous posts here:
Inspiration for this look: @elenassspati